Silly Question

Reaction score
Here is a easy one. Does anyone know how the keyboard commands to get the cd rom drive to open up on a iBook 500Ghz snow? :dummy: :dummy:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Reflow said:
Here is a easy one. Does anyone know how the keyboard commands to get the cd rom drive to open up on a iBook 500Ghz snow? :dummy: :dummy:

Just press the key that looks like an upward pointing arrow with a horizontal line beneath it. It's located in the upper right corner of the keyboard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook 12" G4, 30 GB, 768 MB RAM. iPod 5G 30GB.
open up? i take it its a slide tray, theres a little hole over there that fits a paper clip. or you can restart, or use a program, like iTunes. I remember someone said that everything didnt work except itunes. hmm...

OP
Reflow
Reaction score
iWonder said:
open up? i take it its a slide tray, theres a little hole over there that fits a paper clip. or you can restart, or use a program, like iTunes. I remember someone said that everything didnt work except itunes. hmm...

That's what I did to get the cd out but there has to be a keyboard command to open the slide tray...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
i think it is c while you are booting up. but that is for newer iBooks. it might still work anyway

OP
Reflow
Reaction score
mynameis said:
Should just be Command+E

It work but only with a cd inside it. What I tring to do is open the tray without a cd in it. I have to keep using a paper clip to get it to open.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
F12 should open your CD drive.

OP
Reflow
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
F12 should open your CD drive.

Thanks, but I guess I wasn't holding down the F12 key long enough to get it to open. Finally works now

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.