MacBook Pro doesn't Recognize Snowball Mic

Reaction score
Hello! I used to record using my Snowball mic via usb plugin using garageband. Recently, my computer could not recognize that my mic is plugged into the computer. Via a red light, I can tell that the mic is being powered. Does anyone know a solution? Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac * 2.8 Ghz Intel Core i7 * 16GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 * 1TB HD *AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB
Are you plugging in the mic before or after you start Garageband? I find that it is usually recognized better when you open GB and then attach the mic. Does the mic appear in the drop down menu under Preferences>Audio/MIDI? Or in the drop down menu in the Real Instrument Browser tab at the right?

OP
B
Reaction score
I had tried both.. What I usually do is open up garageband and plug it in. The computer doesn't even recognize that it is plugged in so no it is not under the Audio/MIDI section as a selection or the real instrument browser tab.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.