MacBook battery cycle count reset

Reaction score
Hi, guys i have done some DIY job here, my macbook battery started to display REPLACE NOW , so i purchased new one from ebay which is not best fit, so to sort this problem out i decided to change the outer casing, when i disassemble both battery casings i saw that there are 6 batteries(cells) inside, So i decided to swap the batteries Cell. which i have done nicely but now I am stuck as when i put my original battery in with new cells it still says that Replace now as battery Rom has still the same cycle count. Question IS there any way of resetting Battery Rom?

Reaction score
As far as I know there is no way to reset that battery count on the original battery. A quick Google reveals that the status is stored in the actual battery and not on the computer at all.

Why not just order the right fitting battery?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
There have been many user reports of "bad batteries" or the battery won't fit right, not charging, etc, after purchasing an inexpensive replacement. Cheaper knock off batteries purchased on eBay and elsewhere are a waste of money. Always buy a genuine replacement battery. Authorized Apple resellers such as Other World Computing sell replacement batteries which are actually better than the original and are fully warranted.

OP
A
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no way to reset that battery count on the original battery. A quick Google reveals that the status is stored in the actual battery and not on the computer at all.

Why not just order the right fitting battery?

Thanks for reply,
Ordering another batter is the last option,
I do agree that rom is inside the battery and i can access it, and to reset it normally there is always an option to do it manually, for example touching two points on chips etc.

Any genius?

Reaction score
I definitely would not be shorting out a non-original battery. May end up causing more damage then good, to be honest.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.