iPad Smart Cover *Poll*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
What color iPad Smart Cover are you going to buy? You can choose more than one. I think I will purchase two colors in the (Polyurethane).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Black for mine, powder blue for the parents.

Maybe you should clue us in to your choice too... You know since your started the poll and all ;P

Reaction score
Now that I have once again (and finally) decided to go for the iPad 2, I decided I would really like to get a green polyurethane smart cover. Still trying to decide on other accessories.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
Pink Polyurethane here. I'm kinda girly!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Black cause it goes with everything.

Reaction score
IF I buy one, it will be black. I've got a folio case with mine right now and I'm inclined to go that route again, although I really do like the concept of the Zaggmate w/keyboard.
icon_smile_cool.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
soon to be another iMac owner
black or grey

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Black leather if I got one, but as neat as I think they are, probably won't. I've dropped my first gen iPad several times and the leather folio case I have has done a pretty good job of protecting it.
Don't see that same level of protection from this new case. Too bad because I think it is a great idea! :\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Frustrated that Apple has only released pastel colors and gray in the cheaper polyurethane covers. I'm definitely not paying the significant premium for the leather one. If I get one it would only be gray, but I don't even like that very much, so I'll probably just wait for some nice slim third party cases.

Reaction score
Black leather if I got one, but as neat as I think they are, probably won't. I've dropped my first gen iPad several times and the leather folio case I have has done a pretty good job of protecting it.
Don't see that same level of protection from this new case. Too bad because I think it is a great idea! :\
+1. As cool as they are, I don't think they offer enough protection.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My only concern with the "Smart Covers" is that for being so "Smart" they leave the iPad's Aluminum back wide open for scratching!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
My only concern with the "Smart Covers" is that for being so "Smart" they leave the iPad's Aluminum back wide open for scratching!

That's because it's not a case, it's just a screen cover. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's because it's not a case, it's just a screen cover. :p

Captain Obvious strikes again :Angry-Tongue:

I realize it is just a screen cover, but at this point it is the only thing available. Not much of a selection. Oh well, I still like the functionality and it will work for me till some new cases come out.

Reaction score
So even though it would cover the rear-facing camera (which I honest don't see myself using that much anyway), and though the unit is thinner, any thoughts on whether the new iPad will fit in my current Griffin Elan Passport Folio case?

Reaction score
Hey MODS: Can I change my poll choice from a green poly to a red leather? If not c'est la vie!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Reaction score
I gonna guess either the red leather was the most popular or they made more of colors they thought would be more popular due to the fact red now says it will take 3 to 4 weeks to ship. There are still some colors that say 1 to 2 day shipping. I myself went for red but it should ship today. Anyone have a smart cover? Are they worth the cash?

Reaction score
Anyone have a smart cover? Are they worth the cash?
I got a red one and black one. Short answer, they're neat, but I don't think they'll work for me. I LOVE that they are so minimalist, they really barely add any thickness to the iPad at all. And it's a cool idea. But I need something to cover the back of the iPad and protect in case of accidental drops (or sliding off the bed/table/desk). I'm just afraid that with that slick aluminum back that I'd drop that puppy.

I was a fan of the original iPad case because of the all around protection. I really wish they'd make a new and improved "smart" version of that case.

In comparison, the iPad 1 with the Apple case is positively obese compared to the iPad 2 with the smart cover. And if you were a fan of carrying the iPad 1 around the house naked (the iPad that is), then you'll likely love the smart cover.

So I'm not knocking the cover itself, it's a cool concept and design. It just doesn't offer enough protection for me and I want something with a little more grip on the back.

I'm looking for a new case solution. I've seen pics of a Speck PixelSkin HD that looks like what I'm after, if it's not too floppy/sticky/rubbery like some of the speck stuff I've tried.

What would be a cool combo is the smart cover + the Colcasac Uintah sleeve.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.