Aluminum MB rubber bottom

Reaction score
I want my aluminum macbook to have a rubber bottom like my unibody white macbook does. it slips off my lap all the time and it is hard to pick up off carpet and stuff. Has anyone found a good way of getting something like this?

OP
R
Reaction score
i want something more like just the bottom cover and a little less bulky.
has anyone tried like a spray on rubber?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Buy a set of stick on rubber feet at Home Depot or Lowes. I wouldn't be attempting to spray anything on the bottom or elsewhere. That's a good way to destroy your computer. Also, you shouldn't be using it on your lap or carpet anyway. Today's portable computers are not "laptops", they're notebooks. Using it on the carpet or your lap prevents proper cooling.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.4 GHz. Core i5 4GB 1067 MHz. DDR-3 Ram
Speck makes a really nice pair of snap-on protective covers for the top and bottom of a MB. Besides doing their designed job, they are a lot easier to hang on to. And your MB won't slide all around either. These covers come in different colors and can be found at New Egg.
Russ

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Speck makes a really nice pair of snap-on protective covers for the top and bottom of a MB. Besides doing their designed job, they are a lot easier to hang on to. And your MB won't slide all around either. These covers come in different colors and can be found at New Egg.
Russ

This sounds vaguely familiar. It's almost like Deja vu...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.