How do I put my computer up for sale?

Reaction score
I posted on here before about a broken backlight in my computer and have decided to try to sell it. The problem is it won't let me post in the buy/sell/trade thread. I don't exactly have the time to sit and have 1000 posts on here, does anyone know how many posts it takes to be able to post in the thread?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
That forum is meant as a convenience for our regular members. Sorry you don't feel you have the time to become part of the community, but that's how we do things.

OP
P
Reaction score
That forum is meant as a convenience for our regular members. Sorry you don't feel you have the time to become part of the community, but that's how we do things.

How many posts does it take to become "part of the community"

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA

How many posts does it take to become "part of the community"

Not something that's explicitly said..no one is going to buy a fairly expensive piece of electronics online from a member who only has a handful of posts and no "reputation" to speak of...

If you're in a hurry to sell, you're better of using things like Craigslist and selling locally..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Or how long is a piece of string?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
What is the sound of one hand clapping?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid 2015 15" rMBP, 2.8GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 512GB Storage, AMD Radeon R9 M370X, 10.11.1
My teacher can one hand clap...

OP
P
Reaction score

Not something that's explicitly said..no one is going to buy a fairly expensive piece of electronics online from a member who only has a handful of posts and no "reputation" to speak of...

If you're in a hurry to sell, you're better of using things like Craigslist and selling locally..

Regards
True true. I more or so wanted to test the waters to see what mine is worth since it's kind of broken, as I said the screen is broke but the computer works fine, I'm on it now and have been using it for well over a year with the light broke.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
True true. I more or so wanted to test the waters to see what mine is worth since it's kind of broken, as I said the screen is broke but the computer works fine, I'm on it now and have been using it for well over a year with the light broke.

Probably just a bad inverter. If you're handy with a screwdriver, it should be a $70 part and maybe an hour's worth of work.

OP
P
Reaction score
Nah like my mom dropped my luggage bag and the screen broke somehow, no damage to the computer itself (like internal bleeding). Apple quoted some ridiculous number, but I've gotten people who say that low nothing over $200. It's been broke for a year but I suck with computers so I haven't found myself trying to fix it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Nah like my mom dropped my luggage bag and the screen broke somehow, no damage to the computer itself (like internal bleeding). Apple quoted some ridiculous number, but I've gotten people who say that low nothing over $200. It's been broke for a year but I suck with computers so I haven't found myself trying to fix it.

Third party repair options are going to be a lot more cost-effective. I would check into TechRestore.com and MacService.com. Both have had positive reviews by our members here.

OP
P
Reaction score
Well, I finally got fed up with it and on impulsive went out tonight and bought a new 13 inch mac book pro. Still trying to dump the old one to make up for a portion of the new one, I have no idea about any of the specifics on the computer, it's year, or any of the software. Is there a way to find this all out? It's going to be hard to sell without knowing anything about it, obviously.

All I know is it's probably an 07, has all the dreamweaver software stuff, works perfectly fine aside from the backlight being busted. 15 inch screen and I think it's 2.4 something.

What's a realistic price I can get for this? I already have someone interested, but don't know what to ask/accept as a price.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Go to the apple logo and "About this Mac" then "More info" that should give you all the information you need to sell with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.