URGENT: Help with purschasing @ Apple store

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm in a bit of a situation and I need URGENT help, so please be as helpful as possible.

I live overseas and I'm ordering my first mac (macbook pro 15) with a friend that is visiting from america. I have decided on the computer, and she can go pick it up from the local apple store.
THE PROBLEM is that before she can do that she needs to get money from me (simply because she can't afford it otherwise). She is leaving on FRIDAY, and today is TUESDAY, so that gives 3 days to act. I did not send money until this morning for various reasons, and I doubt the money will arrive on time - considering the currency change and what not. She has a paypal account but can only withdraw 500 dollars to her credit card, so thats not enough. From what I know it is also not possible to pay with paypal in the applestore.

Buying the computer in my country is not an option because of the great price difference, and I will not be going to america....ever, for all I know.

WHAT CAN I DO??

Are there any possibilities for me to get my first macbook through my friend?

PLEASE HELP QUICKLY!!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Apple stores will accept valid credit cards but not PayPal. So if she has a good credit card that is able to draw on US currency, she can use that to buy the MBP. Otherwise without the cash on hand, you're out of luck. Generally, a wire service can get cash somewhere quickly but at a higher cost. Perhaps you can use that method.

Reaction score
Wire transfer, but that'll cost you. Does she have a back account from which she can draw? You could make a deposit in her account at home and she can draw from it from the US. If the deposit is in cash, it should be almost instantly available.

Otherwise, I'm not sure how we can help.
typotux.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Model Identifier: iMac9,1 Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
This looks like some kind of phishing expedition to me! The 500 withdrawal limit would be in getting money from a machine, not just using the card - so this is a non-problem, which is what makes me suspicious.

OP
F
Reaction score
This looks like some kind of phishing expedition to me! The 500 withdrawal limit would be in getting money from a machine, not just using the card - so this is a non-problem, which is what makes me suspicious.

i dont know what phising expedition means but i can assure you that this is legit and im not tricking you in any way...dont know how i could benefit from that:p? its not my account, she told me about the limit so i dont know what you mean.

so please help if you can! ive kind of given up at this point considering theres only 2 days left...unless theres anyone living in boston who has a large pile of cash lying around? lol

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
You don't say that country you are in, but I'm sure Western Union is most likely there and you can send money through them and have your friend pick it up in the US..

Regards

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
To be brutally honest...this sounds to me to be a situation where someone doesn't have their personal finances in the best of order...and should probably get that sorted out before buying a MacBook Pro.

Also...the details in the original post seem sort of sketchy to me. I'm not saying someone is trying to do something illegal...I just can't figure out what's going on from the details given.:Confused:

- Nick

OP
F
Reaction score
All im asking is the following: How is it possible to get money from me (dubai) to her (america) before tomorrow? I tried to call the newly opened western union branch here, but they are not responding, so can someone explain how that would work?

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
All im asking is the following: How is it possible to get money from me (dubai) to her (america) before tomorrow? I tried to call the newly opened western union branch here, but they are not responding, so can someone explain how that would work?

WOW...you should have said that originally. That makes things MUCH more understandable!:)

- Nick

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Have you visited the Western Union website? According to the website...you can send money to anywhere in the world...in minutes:

Money Transfer | Western Union

HTH,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.