iPad Calender - Multiple

Reaction score
I've just got an iPad and one of the main reasons for getting it was to use the calendar function for the Satch7 househols.

On the iPdad in the store when i click on the calendar I can see different calendar all with different colour.
E.G

Mum - Red
Dad - Blue
Kids - Yellow

etc, etc

I haven't got multiple emails set up in google or yahoo and just want to use multiple calendars on the ipad to replace the current paper based on hanging on the wall!

Is there a way to do this without having multiple email/calenders set up in Google.

Looks good on the iPad but can not see any way to add new calendars except by adding a new account which I don't want to do (unless last resort)

Thanks,

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I think what your seeing instore are shared MobileMe calendars but you can acheive what you want with a Google Calendar. I know you didn't want to use multiple calendars in Google but this doesn't need multiple accounts.....just one account with several calendars added. It's a few simple setup steps but in use it's easy and seemless. We (the family) use it all the time.

You only need one Google account. On the Google calendar page on the web on the left side there's an entry for My Calendars and an ADD link. Add as many calendars as you wish. I guess 3 will do the trick Mum, Dad, Kids.

Once they are setup run through these instructions:
Set Up Your Apple Device for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help
towards the end just slide the mail and contacts to OFF leaving only calendars as ON

Then use these instructions to choose which calendars appear:
Choosing Which Calendars to Sync : Mail, Calendar, & Contacts - Google Mobile Help

Once that's done you're finished.

Just go into the Calendar app on your iPad. Set an event/reminder etc and you can now choose which calendar it belongs to (Mum, Dad, Kids etc), each has it's own colour.

OP
S
Reaction score
Sounds like the perfect solution.

I will try that out when I'm not at work!!!!

Will report back and let you knnow how I get on.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
That'd be great if you could. Helps others when people post back.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.