Can't view files in shared folder

Reaction score
PC: intel core i7 970 6 gigs ram, 1TB drive, EVGA GTX 470 (Super Clocked) Windows 7, SP1,

Mac: Macbook Pro New, 15 inch 17, hi-res display, SSD, 4 gigs ram

Hey guys, I work in the Apple Store, and i actually just got my first mac, i know pretty much everything there is to know but i can't seem to figure out this problem i'm having. I have a self built windows machine fully loaded on my network that i'm using called "Prime" I want to view my files on my mac so i can copy my music, pictures, and movies, easily without having to using an external hardrive. I named my new Macbook Pro "Optimus" and it's on the same network.

Basically, i configured my folders to be shared on my windows side, so i can see them on my mac and access the files in the shared folders. BTW, i'm connecting to the windows machine as if it were a server. Its under the shared category as "Prime" and i've connected to it no problem. I can see my folders "Users" and "Zack". Under Zack has everything...My pictures, my movies, my documents, my music etc. But when i open up the folder it's empty. I made sure it was shared on my PC which it is since i can see the folder on my Mac, but i can't see any sub folders. I also went back onto the PC and unchecked the "read-only" box and still no avail.

However, in my "Users" folder, i can get into the subfolders and find the "Public Folder" and in that find..."Public Music, Public Movies, Public Documents" so forth. But i don't have any files in there because all my files are in the regular folders, "Music", "Movies", "Documents" I really don't wanna copy all that data over to a folder just so i can see it on my mac, I much rather just be able to see the folder that already has all my data in it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.