anyway to convert windows drivers to os x drivers?

Reaction score
I want to use a tv tuner stick from the brand ENTER which only has windows drivers. the product ad device id is 6000:560a

there is no matching os x driver it seems. is there a way i can convert a windows driver to a mac driver?

or can i use it with cross over? if yes, how?

Neerav

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The driver would have to be re-written to work with OS X. And as far as using Crossover.... it's for software only and not all software will work with it.

Why don't you install Windows in a VM and use it that way? VirtualBox is free and would probably work OK. All you need is a legal copy of Windows.

OP
A
Reaction score
hi! i've already installed windows in a bootcamp and am booting it from vmware fusion. the problem is, while my tv tuner works fine when windows it booted as standalone, i cannot make it work when its booted as a vm using vmware. when i ask vmware to connect the device to windows instead of mac, nothing happens! my tv tuner's pvr is not able to find the device. when booted into windows it recognizes it as USB TV Box. u6000 capture device.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Yeah, that's a problem with some unique devices that use USB. Not much you can do about it except wait for an upgrade from Fusion or just use the tuner while booted up from the BC partition. The problem is that with unique devices such as the tuner and some sound cards, the virtual drivers supplied by Fusion just don't work right. They're fine for most things like optical drives and hard drives though.

OP
A
Reaction score
it doesn't work with parallels either. it says it can't connect and to try later.

@cradom: will surely ask them.

OP
A
Reaction score
hey! i already been to that link before. i didn't download it thinking it was for specific hardware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.