Airport stopped working

Reaction score
My AirPort randomly stopped working the other day. The modem works fine when I plug the ethernet directly into the computer. I can print through AirPort (computer sending print job wirelessly to the router, printer is plugged into the router.) and when I went to a tech shop, they tried it and it worked perfectly for connecting to the internet. It's not the computer because neither my or my mom's computer can connect. It says that the connection is getting full signal, however, when it first stopped working, a few days ago, it would say "connection timeout". I've tried restarting it, it has reverted back to the name "Apple Network 515215" but still has the same problem. Any suggestions?

Also, does it matter which slot I plug the ethernet cable into? One looks like a dotted circle, the other like a double sided arrow, neither works.

Reaction score
Try renaming the network by logging on to the router and literally changing the name.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.