• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Camera Help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
So I got a Camera for Christmas, and for the last few months I've just been using it occasionally for Skype. However, now I want to start recording some videos with it, but I don't have an application that can record from it. I want to use it like a webcam, streaming straight from camera to computer. I tried iMovie, but it says that it only supports firewire Cameras, this one is USB. Any recommendations for a video recording application would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
What type of camera is this? Is it basically like a high quality web cam, or a proper camera in it's own right?

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What type of camera is this? Is it basically like a high quality web cam, or a proper camera in it's own right?

It's just one of those little cheap digital Cameras, with a video record and Webcam function.

Picture:

sakar-3-in-1-digital-camera_5286982_175.jpg

OP
MacDude121
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Sorry dude, missed your reply somehow.
The only thing that I know that may work is Macam.
The only problem may be that it doesn't seem to have been updated recently, but worth a look anyway.

macam : USB webcam support for Mac OS X

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.