Video uploading iPhone to iPhoto - don't play

Reaction score
I recently uploaded several photos and videos from my iPhone 4 to my iPhoto '08.

Nearly half of the videos have saved in iPhoto as a .mov, but opening the file (via iPhoto, Finder, or Quicktime) shows that the file is an image only, without play capabilities.

Where has the error occurred, in iPhoto or in the sync? I know with certainty that these files played when they were originally stored on my iPhone.

Can I retrieve the playing functionality, consdiering I've since deleted the videos from my iPhone?

Thank you for your thoughts and help.

OP
A
Reaction score
Video uploading iPhone to iPhoto - doesn't play

I recently uploaded several photos and videos from my iPhone 4 to my iPhoto '08.

Nearly half of the videos have saved in iPhoto as a .mov, but opening the file (via iPhoto, Finder, or Quicktime) shows that the file is an image only, without play capabilities.

Where has the error occurred, in iPhoto or in the sync? I know with certainty that these files played when they were originally stored on my iPhone.

Can I retrieve the playing functionality, consdiering I've since deleted the videos from my iPhone?

Thank you for your thoughts and help.

Reaction score
USB Photo App in App Store

I found the same problem with trying to get iPhone 4 videos 'out' of the phone. After reading almost every photo / video related app description I found 'USB Photo'. It allows you to 'push' videos out of iPhone 4 via iTunes. You save them to your hard drive as .mov files. Videos look great. Also works with photos. Good luck.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.