Advise needed about hiding apps

Reaction score
Advise needed about hiding apps

I am curious about trying to hide skype at school. I have been using windows before and i had a program called ace hide where i set a hotkey, press it when the teacher comes, all the skype windows and icons are hidden, out from the taskbar and everything

However, in macs i am currently using the cmd h, that hides it instantly too, but if the teacher looks carefully, she or he still can see the skype icon with the little light below......so i would be in trouble......

So, is there a application to help me hide skype or other apps like msn messenger, so we wont be scolded by our bosses or teachers hahahahaa

Can i change the icon of it?

Thanks

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
...or how about being a little responsible and not doing what you CLEARLY shouldn't be doing while you're at school?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
OP
P
Reaction score
Is there any application that hides a application and make the application look as if the application is un-open within a press of a hot key? to hide skype from my boss....

Anybody? Thanks....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
So, since you can't control yourself and not do stuff you shouldn't be doing how about making the dock auto-hide unless your curser is at the bottom of the screen? Command+option+d once to hide the dock, then you can command+h applications and they will completely gone from view.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.