How to develop application for iphone

Reaction score
Hi Everybody

Can anyone tell me if the few steps that will take me from beginner to professional iphone app developer.

Thank you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
First you will need Apple's app development set.
Xcode - Developer Tools Technology Overview - Apple Developer

You can search on YouTube for beginners tutorials, I would suggest you start with Hello World and move on from there. Don't give up! It will be hard at first, but once you start to understand the code, it will be a piece of cake!

Best of luck,
Kyle

OP
L
Reaction score
Thanks...i was just registering for the mac developer and knew that i need xcode, cocoa and others...thank you for replying fast...hoping for future help too.....also i have a windows pc...do i really need to get a mac...if it is so then i have to stop it here....hehe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Thanks...i was just registering for the mac developer and knew that i need xcode, cocoa and others...thank you for replying fast...hoping for future help too.....also i have a windows pc...do i really need to get a mac...if it is so then i have to stop it here....hehe

Yes, you need to have Intel based Mac, it doesn't have to be very nice or top of the line. It can have 1 GB of RAM.

Good luck!

- Kyle

Reaction score
I was planning on making an application as well. I bought a book on objective-C to get started, but thing is, reading through a book about programming isn't the same as reading through a 'normal book'. So I was wondering whether I still should read through it normally or start by making some easy 'apps' (like hello world)? If so, is there any place some easy 'exercises' are offered?

As a side note: I've also taken a course about programming in Pascal

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Hi Everybody

Can anyone tell me if the few steps that will take me from beginner to professional iphone app developer.

Thank you

If you ever figure out what those "few steps" are, you'll be minting money..going from a beginner to professional takes persistence..and is definitely more than few steps..

You'll first want to learn Objective-C and then grab a book that specifically targets the Cocoa Touch framework and that will get you on your way..

Regards

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
So I was wondering whether I still should read through it normally or start by making some easy 'apps' (like hello world)? If so, is there any place some easy 'exercises' are offered?
It's hard to say not knowing the book and your level of experience/expertise with ObjC and iOS development. If you're new to either (or both), I would suggest starting from the beginning. If the book was written well, there should be a logical flow. If you're somewhat familiar with iOS development and/or ObjC, you may be able to pick and choose chapters.

Reaction score
It's hard to say not knowing the book and your level of experience/expertise with ObjC and iOS development. If you're new to either (or both), I would suggest starting from the beginning. If the book was written well, there should be a logical flow. If you're somewhat familiar with iOS development and/or ObjC, you may be able to pick and choose chapters.

Both are new to me, and I'll take your advice to go through the book from the beginning. Thanks for the reply.

OP
L
Reaction score

Can you please tell me where i can find a good book on iOS development?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
No idea. I don't develop iOS applications. Your best bet might be to go to a bookstore and take a look yourself. You could also use something like Amazon as a means of reading some reviews.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.