Is Time Machine The Devil?

Reaction score
I have a 2008 iMac running Snow Leopard. I decided it was about time to start keeping Time Macjine Backups as this is where I know do most of my graphics work. Now I also must add that since the machine was starting to get slow and filled up, I moved my music to a backup drive and all of my Home Folder to another drive.
Ever since I started using Time Machine on a regular basis, my iMac reverts back to the original setup at restart about once per month. It has the original Snow Leopard desktop and cannot locate my Home Folder. Even when running the terminal commands it goes back to the original location when I first installed Snow Leopard. I re-establish links to all of the folders but when I restart it goes back to the default.

Inevitably and randomly about once per month after a Time Machine backup, my computer gets slow and I restart it. When restarted , it is back to bare, out of the box Snow Leopard.
It seems that ot there several others out there on various forums with the same issue.

Is there a way around this or have I been tricked by the devil?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.