Mighty Mouse problem?!?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
I just recently bought some new macs and got a might mouse (which for one love, but it does take some getting use to). I still can't get the hang of actully using a right click since i am so use to using control + click. Anyway, since installing the software for the might mouse i ahve one weird thing happen. When i restart/shutdown and restart the computer the default settings for spotlight go back to normal. What i had is Quicksilver set to the key command that spotlight uses. So i reset spotlight to use a differnet one. It was all fine and dandy until i installed the might mouse software and now spotlight keeps going back to defualt, which means that i lose quicksilver until i cahnge spotlight again. This is a really pain.

I have tried repairing permissions but that is about it. I have also shut down and restarted the computer a couple of times.

Any suggestions??

The might mouse is working fine but i have now idea why spotlight is doing this.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Maybe there's an issue with Quicksilver and the mighty mouse drivers?
Have you checked the boards over at Blacktree?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
No, i have not checked over there, but i will.

I talked with a technician guy last night and he suggested i install it in another account and see what happens. I have Quicksilver installed on two others macs and i don't have this probelm with spotlight. But the other two macs only have one user account.

I did check on apples disscusion boards and i am not the only one having this problem.

OH GREAT!! now it happens weather i restart or not. It just reset and i lost functionality of Quicksilver.

Well, off i go t do some more searching.

A

allexsimmons

if you find a solution please post here. i am having the same problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.