transporting macbook pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.4ghz i5 Macbook Pro
Any of you guys ever worry about transporting your mac in a messenger bag?

I have my macbook pro in an incase messenger bag occasionally when moving around on set and sometimes it bumps up against my side (never hitting anything, just bumping into me) when hustling over or a light jog.

Could this cause any HD problems or is that just the name of the game when it comes to moving around a laptop ?

Reaction score
I really think the hdd has to be spinning to cause damage while on the move.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11inch 2GB RAM - Mac Mini - MacBook Pro 2009 and more....
Upgrade to an SSD ;)

But seriously put it to sleep or shut it down (dull) and as long as it's in a decent case you'll be fine. Wack it with the corner of something and I guess you could dent it even it's protected given enough force.

I've got a black KNOMO stirling bag and it's v safe in that thing.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
If this happens frequently, I would be concerned about the casing, but the drive should be fine as the heads will be parked when its spun down.

If you want something that will definitely protect the cosmetics, I'd highly recommend one of the Brenthaven bags. They have a very nice hard-sided sleeve inside, that's lined with soft foam and spring-loaded side pads that keep it from flopping around. IMO, most of the messenger bags allow too much movement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air 11inch 2GB RAM - Mac Mini - MacBook Pro 2009 and more....
Agree - leave the messenger bags to the post office staff

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.