os x help installed sl files on wrong harddrive

Reaction score
ok so i was using 10.5 and i wanted to install 10.6 on a seperate partition to try it out, so i made a partition and restored to dmg boot disk of snow leopard.. but it ended up changing Everything over to snow leopard( my main harddrive) which is great i have no regrets but it put all the os x installer files like 4-5 gb of something on this partitioned harddrive... which now i have no use for, bc snow leopard is on the main drive. what do i need to do to get those files which i dont even know what are just installer files off of there or can i just delete the partition? any help would be greatly apreciated the reason i want to delete that partition 2ndly is so i can create a partition in boot camp for xp.

thanks
~

OP
D
Reaction score
can i use migration assistant to do this
? anyone used it before i just stumbled upon it while glancing in utitlires

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
If you don't know what you've got there, we certainly don't. You're not going to get much advice without being clear as to what you have done and a much clearer explanation of your existing partition scheme. I'm not even sure from your description how many drives you're talking about.

Having said that, IF:

Your system partition is the first partition and also contains all the data you want to keep...

Then, you could delete the 2nd partition and expand the 1st partition to take that space.

Of course, I would not personally play with partitioning without a current backup.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.