Information on pre-release order

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro 15" 2.5GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7 8GB RAM
Can anyone suggest an online store other than apple.com for buying 5 ipad 2s as I would like to gift these to some of my business contacts. Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
No, there are no pre-orders for the ipad 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
As Schweb mentioned, there are no pre-release orders anywhere.

I've been told at Best Buy that they will have them on their website and hope to have a few in each store on 3/11. I'm sure other national retailers who currently sell the iPad1 will have them added to their website as well. We're pretty much in a wait-and-see limbo period right now.

But, it looks like you're not located in the US... are you asking about ordering them before Mar 11th, or before Mar 25th? Or just ordering online in general?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I'm thinking that giving Best buy a shot on day 1 over Apple Store might be a good way. The reason being is that when the original iPad released there were only about 5 people queued up at my local Best Buy, we all got one, some got 2, and they had plenty left after we were gone. Since this is just an update release I expect the demand to be even less.

Unfortunately for me this year I'll be traveling on vacation Friday, so I can't go queue up at a store in the morning. Is if possible to order one to hold at the Apple store to pick up, or is that only to have it shipped to the Apple store to pick up later?

Reaction score
My local Target told me that they expect to have them too. I wouldn't think they'd have long lines either, and if you have a Target credit or debit card you save 5%.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
So I just read an article confirming that Target is getting the iPad2 on Launch day... no confirmation from BestBuy or any other place though.

Does Anyone Know?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
So I just read an article confirming that Target is getting the iPad2 on Launch day... no confirmation from BestBuy or any other place though.

Does Anyone Know?

Target, Wal-mart, and Best Buy. Or choose Verizon and AT&T, but those might be really busy, since you'll be among customers who aren't there for the iPad 2.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, Black, 2.0GHz C2D, 2GB RAMs, 160GB HD
Target, Wal-mart, and Best Buy. Or choose Verizon and AT&T, but those might be really busy, since you'll be among customers who aren't there for the iPad 2.

Sweet! I might just hit Target or best buy.

Will walmart not be able to sell them until 5pm either?

It seems like it's a restriction on all stores, no matter who they are 5pm is when the party start! ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod Classic 80G, iPod Touch 4th Gen 64G, iPhone 4s 64G, iPad 2 16G, MacBook Pro 13" 2.8Ghz 8G 750HD
It seems like it's a restriction on all stores, no matter who they are 5pm is when the party start! ;D

Where did you read or hear that? The reps at my local Best Buy said they assumed they would begin selling at the time the store opens. Has Apple released a 5pm requirement for all retailers? And, if that is the case, is it 5pm local time or 5pm PST?

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Where did you read or hear that? The reps at my local Best Buy said they assumed they would begin selling at the time the store opens. Has Apple released a 5pm requirement for all retailers? And, if that is the case, is it 5pm local time or 5pm PST?

Here's an FAQ for Best Buy on the iPad 2: BBY - iPad 2 FAQ - Best Buy Community

Those employees weren't briefed at all. It is 5pm local time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for the link. I guess the people I talked to didn't get their text message!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2

Common sense would tell you that Apple wouldn't allow them to start selling the iPad 2 before Apple begins selling it in their own stores.

For the record, most Best Buy employees are dumber than a box of rocks, so I'd take anything they tell you with a very huge, boulder-sized, grain of salt.

And it's 5:00 PM local time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
, most Best Buy employees are dumber than a box of rocks.

Glad I quit working there last year.. I dont wanna be in the category. ....lol ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.