Safari crashes?

R

Redbull

The problem displays ''Safari has unexpectually quit'' I've recently downloaded all the security features 1.1 + 1.2. Everytime I load onto a particular site I navigate a lot, it randomly crashes? Anybody know the cure to this problem?

It seems odd and rather annoying.

Thanks

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What is the URL of the site? I will give it a try on all my Macs and see if I run into any problems.

OP
B

badmojo

It happens to me quite a bit too. I usually run Camino or Firefox, as a result.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
repair permissions i guess...safari has not quit on me in months

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
When I first installed Tiger as an Upgrade 10.4.0, I had a couple of times Safari quit on me but I did an archive and install and never have had a Safari crash as yet. It's even better with the updates installed to 10.4.2.

OP
R

Redbull

Hey,

Yes, this is the link it always crashes on: http://forum.southerndownhill.com/index.php?topic=63785.new#new - when it just finishes loading, it crashes.

I've tired disk repair permissions, empty cache, recently did an ''archive install'' not long ago because my installer was missing. It has never crashed since, but yesterday, it went bananas!

Every other site seems to work ok, but this one....

Reaction score
I just used both Safari and FF, scrolled around and didn't crash..I'm running Panther though..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
crashed on me when I opened the link... running 10.4.2

OP
R

Redbull

PowerBookG4 said:
crashed on me when I opened the link... running 10.4.2

Yes so am I. I guess it must be 4.2 users that have a problem with the link. How odd. It's only that link that causes the problem. Not important at all. Thanks everyone for helping me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I''m running 10.4.2 and it didn't crash for me...

Edit: Nevermind.. LOL... it just took a little bit. :eek:neye:

Sounds like a 10.4.2 issue to me too.

OP
T

The Fly

sarahsboy18 said:
I''m running 10.4.2 and it didn't crash for me...

Edit: Nevermind.. LOL... it just took a little bit. :eek:neye:

Sounds like a 10.4.2 issue to me too.

I've had this happen with 10.2.8 as well. It's one reason I mainly use Firefox now.

Reaction score
just tried it again and thyis is what I got after it loaded it crashed again

safari.jpg

OP
C

catchawave

I get crashes using Firefox when using certain links on my emac, then I use IE. i've so far not had any crashes using Safari (on my ibook, Tiger 10.4.2)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Tried the URL. In Panther 10.3.9 it's fine everytime. In Tiger 10.4.2 it crashes to the desktop everytime. I wonder what is up? Does anyone have a system with 10.4.0 or 10.4.1 they can try that URL on? It might be something in the latest .2 update. Everything here is up to date so I can not try it. Just curious.

OP
R

Redbull

My god, that link has a problem among multiple use of Mac 4.2 users!.

It is certainly to do with the latest updates I think (security version). Maybe it's a flaw in Safari's armoury. The next Mac update might cure it. Who knows...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5, 17.in screen. 1.8GHz, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger.
So which browser do you guys recommend using for the moment?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Safari still is a great browser. I have found most browsers have a page or two that bugs them. I have Camino and Firefox as back up. I rarely have to use them though but they are there if I need them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
No issues on 10.4.2 here...
Weird. I opened it in a tab though?

OP
G

gleam

Hi
Yes Safari crashes for us when we goto www.mathletics.com.au and click on the link to start the Maths Games. It crashes then. I have checked flash versions etc. Of course it works fine in Firefox but students don't have access to Firefox till I figure out how to manage its preferences.

I'd really just like to fix Safari for them at this stage. Any ideas

Thanks
Phil

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.