Screen protector for iPad 2

Reaction score
Will the current screen protectors sold for the original iPad work for the new iPad2? Same size screen, correct? Thanks.

Ed;D

Reaction score
Will the current screen protectors sold for the original iPad work for the new iPad2? Same size screen, correct? Thanks.

Ed;D

That's my understanding, and it looks like it has the same position for the home button as well, so I assume we should be good to go. Looks like Zagg will be busy getting those replacements out. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Except for the fact that the front (and back) has a camera lens. So the screen protector will cover that and screw up your pics/video.

OP
R
Reaction score
Except for the fact that the front (and back) has a camera lens. So the screen protector will cover that and screw up your pics/video.

Yes, forgot about that. I already have found some companies that already have the new screen protectors slated for release at the end of March. This is cool. I more than likely will not get an iPad 2 until May.

Thanks.

Ed:D

Reaction score

Doh! I completely forgot about that, too!
eusa_doh.gif

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
from what I understood in the keynote the size of the actual screen is the same but the border is slightly smaller. I will be buying whatever Zagg comes up with. I get all there stuff for my phones.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
Zagg is making the Invisible Shield for the iPad 2, they are set to ship shortly after it's released.

Zagg Invisible Shield

Reaction score
If you found a cheap deal on a screen protector for iPad 1 could you not just get one of those single hole punches and punch a hole where the camera is?

Reaction score
If you found a cheap deal on a screen protector for iPad 1 could you not just get one of those single hole punches and punch a hole where the camera is?

no. LCD size is the same but the ipad dimensions are different.

Ipad 2
9.5x7.31x.34 inches
Ipad 1
9.56x7.47x.5 inches

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
^ That's correct. The iPad 2 glass extends to the edges, the iPad 1 has a little lip of aluminum where the glass ends.

Reaction score
Be careful with the Zagg, I purchased one today, and the holes on the front cover don't line up at all!

Reaction score
I'm dying waiting for PowerSupport to get their iPad 2 screen protector out. That's the only film I'll use for my iPhones and iPads. I can get them on perfect every time, I can't even tell there's anything on there, and they last forever. I just wish they'd hurry up. Surely it can't take that long to adjust the template and pop those babies out, can it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
I just ordered 2 Zagg maximum coverage kits for both of my wifi only ipads :)

I'm excited to get them and get them on so I can take this original plastic off of my ipad!

Reaction score
I just ordered 2 Zagg maximum coverage kits for both of my wifi only ipads :)

I'm excited to get them and get them on so I can take this original plastic off of my ipad!

I hope they work out for you. Fitment has been hit and miss on those so far.

Reaction score
Be careful with the Zagg, I purchased one today, and the holes on the front cover don't line up at all!

Isn't that the Zagg Invisible Shield made for the original iPad? From a reply to my previous post the dimensions have changed and therefore it requires a different size Invisible Shield. It is still on the Zagg site that it's iPad 2 shield is available for pre-order.

Reaction score
Isn't that the Zagg Invisible Shield made for the original iPad? From a reply to my previous post the dimensions have changed and therefore it requires a different size Invisible Shield. It is still on the Zagg site that it's iPad 2 shield is available for pre-order.

I purchased the Invisible shield for the iPad 2 this morning, and I'll be returning it tomorrow because the camera hole is completely out of whack.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Probably going to be April before Power Support has theirs out, per Power Support customer service

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
zagg had pre-orders for their iPad 2 version so I ordered those.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
25" iMac 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iPhone 4
Looks like SGP's site is down for ordering the iPad screen protector

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.