Small business iPhone deployment questions?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 17" MBP |core i7 2.66|4gb ddr3|500gb 7200rpm|snow leopard|
My dad is much closer to taking the leap to Mac in his small business (12 employees, only 6 office though) and I just can't seem to find what I"m looking for.

I have a ton and a half questions to ask, but I want to ask this one for now to keep things short.

Clearly the 6 users would sync to a Microsoft Exchange account to get all business email/contacts/calendar. Then they can make their own personal account for personal email/contacts/calendar.

What I want to know is, since they will be syncing to their own iTunes for their applications...what if my dad wants everyone, as a business, to have an app? Can they do like a business purchase, or does he essentially have to purchase the app 6 times(i.e. give them each the money to pay for the app)?

Anything more you can let me know about deploying iPhones in a small business, other than Apple's website, would be fantastic!

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol I want to smack you schweb(unless you just missed what I wrote lol then in that case you're ok)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Well I'm guessing you didn't read the whole website since it answers the questions that you asked. :p

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
grr...touche. Sorry I've been with my dad all day just learning more about his business and writing things down. I only VERY quickly skimmed across their site.

I will take a look at it here in about 15 min when we get out of the office. I appreciate it :)

Can you give me any direction as to where exactly I'm looking? I'm just not seeing a whole lot..but I tend to miss stuff quite a bit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
I can answer your question about purchasing the app. What you will have to do is make sure that all of the iPhones are using the same Apple I.D. What this will do is when you dad purchases an app, everyone else just has to go and download it from the App Store. If you dad can, he should make a new Apple I.D. with the business credit card (if he has one)

I hoped this helped.

- Kyle

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
There's tons of good info all over the sight, you'll need to take awhile to go through it. Especially be sure to download and read the white papers in the various sections for detailed info.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I can answer your question about purchasing the app. What you will have to do is make sure that all of the iPhones are using the same Apple I.D. What this will do is when you dad purchases an app, everyone else just has to go and download it from the App Store. If you dad can, he should make a new Apple I.D. with the business credit card (if he has one)

I hoped this helped.

- Kyle

But doesn't that mean that on iTunes they will have to sync the phones with that same account as well? I don't want them to have to do that because I wan't them to have a bit of freedom with their phones(purchase their own apps, their own music, etc)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.