What's wrong with my mac?

Reaction score
I didn't know where to post this topic, sorry guys..
My problem is that I also want to have Windows 7 , so I used boot camp, it told me to download the windows support software, which I did.
After that it asks me to burn it on CD/DVD or to hard drive.
Screen_shot_2011-03-04_at_5.45.31_PM.png

Doesn't matter if I try to burn it, (then it even wont do anything), but if I try to save it to a external drive it tells me :
Screen_shot_2011-03-04_at_5.51.22_PM.png

What should I do ? Please help me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I didn't know where to post this topic, sorry guys..
My problem is that I also want to have Windows 7 ,\

How about the Windows forum? ;)

I've moved it for you.

OP
T
Reaction score
How about the Windows forum? ;)

I've moved it for you.

The problem is not in windows, the problem is in mac, it tells me to download updates before installing, which is macs software (bootcamp update) then..yeah..
It doesnt let me do anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The problem is not in windows, the problem is in mac, it tells me to download updates before installing, which is macs software (bootcamp update) then..yeah..
It doesnt let me do anything.

Using Bootcamp is about using Windows, so definitely the right place.

To help you out, you need to provide more information. What type of Mac, which OS are you using, etc...

OP
T
Reaction score
I am using Snow Leopard, Intel based..
Um, what do you exactly want to know? please help me. I really need windows too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
What kind of Mac? And is the external drive you're trying to save it to formatted as FAT32?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
How about posting the file name of the support software and then tell us exactly how you're trying to save it to the flash drive. Also, is the flash drive mounted and showing on your desktop?

OP
T
Reaction score
How about posting the file name of the support software and then tell us exactly how you're trying to save it to the flash drive. Also, is the flash drive mounted and showing on your desktop?
The file name is WindowsSupport and yes it is showing on my desktop.
I cant save this file even onto desktop or a place like that.

Reaction score
We need real details. Exact model of your Mac, precise 10.6.x version of your Snow Leopard, etc. Also, please confirm what kind of Windows 7 version you are using? is it a full retail install disk, a retail upgrade disk, a recovery disk or OEM disk that came with a Windows computer, or a System Builder OEM disk.

This kind of error can arise when you are using a Windows disk that is unsupported by Boot Camp - particularly vendor-specific OEM disks that require you to download software that's needed for vendor-specific items and then Boot Camp doesn't know what to do with it. Not always, but usually.

Cheers

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
This kind of error can arise when you are using a Windows disk that is unsupported by Boot Camp - particularly vendor-specific OEM disks that require you to download software that's needed for vendor-specific items and then Boot Camp doesn't know what to do with it. Not always, but usually. Cheers

Good catch Sammy. I hadn't thought about that. :p

Reaction score
This error comes from a disk that doesn't have sufficient contiguous disk space available for the installation. You can run a 3d party defragmenter such as iDefrag. It's a common issue - if you search the forum you'll find many posts on this one.

Think of your hard drive as an airplane cabin with 1/3 of the seats still available - but they're all middle seats. You are trying to seat a family of 8 who must sit together. There are enough seats on the plane but to get 8 in a row, you have to reseat people. Defragmenting will go through and move all your files around so the 1/3 of the empty seats will all be contiguous again.

The other alternative is to back up your computer, reformat your drive and reinstall everything from backup.

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.