Macbook wont charge or update

Reaction score
I have a mac book that is a couple of years old and I have two problems 1.it wont update any more and im out of warranty and i really dont want to go to the mac store and pay to get it fixed the version i am on now is 10.5.7
2. My macbook will not charge I can only use it if it is plugged in and when its plugged it the battery sign at the top right hand corner has an x in it and the charger has the green light on as if it was charged up. I really need help with this if you could help me with my problems i would really appreciate it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
As for your update issue, go to applications/utilities/disk utility, select your HD, and select repair permissions.
Then, go directly to Mac OS X 10.5.8 Combo Update

As for the battery, it is more than likely a dead battery.
Download coconutBattery 2.7 - by coconut-flavour.com and take a screen shot of the results and post it here.

To take the screen shot hold shift + command + 4 then hover over the image and press the space bar and then click the trackpad button.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
OP
A
Reaction score
Well I dont have my install disk because the apple store installed it for me and if my battery is shot where should I go to get a new one?

Picture 3.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
The install discs will have come with your Mac.
You can ring Apple for a set of replacement discs which will cost about $20, or you can get yourself Snow Leopard (the latest OS) from best buy or Apple for $29.

As for the battery, if you have already done this:
Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) and it made no difference to your battery not showing up in system profiler, I would get one here.
MacBook 13" White Laptop Battery High Capacity by NewerTech for all MacBook 13" 'White' models up to 2.13GHz

C

chas_m

Agreed. The battery is shot, time to buy a new one.

PS. Kudos to abraden for the screenshots. That was super helpful.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.