"Data Transfer Interrupted" Messages

Reaction score
Hey every time I try to log into my Gmail account or download Google Chrome, no matter what browser I'm on, I get a message saying it couldn't connect.
Safari says "Safari can’t open the page “https://dl-ssl.google.com/chrome/mac/stable/GGRM/googlechrome.dmg” because Safari can’t establish a secure connection to the server “dl-ssl.google.com”."
Firefox says "The connection was interrupted. The connection to dl-ssl.google.com was interrupted while the page was loading."
Camino says "Data Transfer Interrupted. The connection to dl-ssl.google.com has terminated unexpectedly. Some data may have been transferred. Camino connected successfully, but the connection was interrupted while transferring information. Please try again."
And on Internet Explorer I click download and nothing happens.

I'm running 10.6 Snow Leopard. I've tried multiple times for the last few days. Is it something on my end or is it google's fault? Can anybody help?

Reaction score
data transfer interrupted reply

Hey there!

I've gotten that message before when I was trying to log into my Library. So since I knew the admin password ;P I added the website to the list.

Are you the admin?

If you're not the admin, then your internet settings in parental controls are set to: "Try To Limit access to adult websites automatically" or "allow access to these websites only."

Get you're admin to add the website to the list of those two options.

Hope this works.

If you are the admin, I have no f***ing clue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.