Which motherboard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I'm trying to find the tech specs of the new Mac Pros, but can't find what the motherboard is. Does anyone know?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What is it exactly that you're trying to find out about the new Mac Pro motherboard tech specs? The motherboard (logic board) is proprietary to Apple; in other words, it's designed by them and built specifically for the Mac Pro. I'm not sure they publish the tech specs for the board - perhaps a service manual is where you could find info. That is, if you can find a service manual for the new Mac Pro.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Really, i was told that Asus makes the Apple motherboards, but Apple just brands it with their logo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And what motherboard does Asus use as I was told they are made by Dell and re-badged? This goes on and on.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm just asking a question, you don't have to be a jerk, if you don't have anything constructive to say, then why bother answering?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Really, i was told that Asus makes the Apple motherboards, but Apple just brands it with their logo.

ASUS has made products for Apple, but they're not just rebranded ASUS boards. They're designed by Apple and ASUS manufactures them. Basically the work is just farmed out.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh ok, I stand corrected then. I saw people using Gigabyte motherboards to replace theirs when their Mac Pros die. I was looking to build an exact replica of one for half the cost of buying it form Apple, but the more i look into it, it looks too risky and may not be worth it.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Oh ok, I stand corrected then. I saw people using Gigabyte motherboards to replace theirs when their Mac Pros die. I was looking to build an exact replica of one for half the cost of buying it form Apple, but the more i look into it, it looks too risky and may not be worth it.

Sounds like a quasi-Hackintosh project.

OP
mknabster
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea it would be if i had more knowledge on the subject I think, my MBP is starting to die, like my 2nd battery is dead, 2nd superdrive is dead, and my screen is showing signs of the backlight shining upwards in certain spots.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And it was not a smart answer.

Gigabyte and Pegratron are building more and more motherboards for different brands, with the latter using better quality Fujitsu brand made in Japan capacitors. So who knows where the manufacturers are purchasing motherboards from.

Also Intel also supply motherboards which may well be manufactured for them under license.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.