HELP! LOST iWEB DOMAIN FILE!

Reaction score
Hi! Need to know if I'm jacked up or if a miracle can occur!

I created a website in December using iWeb. Site was published and everything was fine. When I went to update it yesterday, it no longer shows up in iWeb! All of the supporting files are on my iDisk in the Web/Sites folder. However, when I searched for the domain in the ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb files and double-clicked it, a different site that I was training on opens up. The training site's supporting files are in their own folder on iDisk. Also, the training site was named differently than my published site. I did a search for all domains and opened them, but none are my published site.

Is there a way to get back the domain file :D or do I have to recreate the site again? :Angry:

Any help is appreciated; thanks!

Reaction score
bulzldy, I don't have the answer to help you, but if you haven't done so already, you might want to post this on the Apple Discussion board in the iWeb section under iLife. There are a couple of iWeb gurus over there who have helped me in the past with iWeb issues. One of them is Old Toad. I'm guessing you'll have a much greater likelihood of getting a satisfactory response over there simply due to the volume of posts in the iWeb forum on that board. :D

I hope you get it worked out!
icon_smile_thumbup.gif

Hi! Need to know if I'm jacked up or if a miracle can occur!

I created a website in December using iWeb. Site was published and everything was fine. When I went to update it yesterday, it no longer shows up in iWeb! All of the supporting files are on my iDisk in the Web/Sites folder. However, when I searched for the domain in the ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb files and double-clicked it, a different site that I was training on opens up. The training site's supporting files are in their own folder on iDisk. Also, the training site was named differently than my published site. I did a search for all domains and opened them, but none are my published site.

Is there a way to get back the domain file :D or do I have to recreate the site again? :Angry:

Any help is appreciated; thanks!

OP
B
Reaction score
@ indychris: Thanks so much for your suggestion! I just did that, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.