Time capsule printer

Reaction score
I have an Epson R2880 printer connected to my Time Capsule so that my wife and son can access it wirelessly. This works very well except that I cannot see the printer's status monitor like I could when it was connected directly to my computer.

Can anyone tell me how I can access the printer information on Time Capsule?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
This happens to a lot of printers using a USB connection to the TC, I was not able to retrieve info from a R380 so far only networking printers will allow you to use all functions
and status monitor.

OP
P
Reaction score
Did not understand answer

I probably do not understand the term "network" as used in one reply to my posting. My reason for connecting the printer to the TC was for the purpose of networking to the three computers in my home. Is there any way of accessing the printer's status monitor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I probably do not understand the term "network" as used in one reply to my posting. My reason for connecting the printer to the TC was for the purpose of networking to the three computers in my home. Is there any way of accessing the printer's status monitor?

A networking printer will have an ethernet port on the back next to the USB
port which my HP c6380 does so I can print or scan to any device in my local
network . Looking at the spec sheet for yours it is USB only and yes hooking
it to the AE in the USB port makes it sorta a networking printer but if you read
the fine print not all functions maybe accessible and 9 out of 10 status monitor
is one of them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.