Printing PDF's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 10.5
Problem printing PDF's with Snow Leopard,: 10.5.8. Whenever any one sends me a pdf or if I find a pdf to print I have to save it to my desktop and then open it in Preview in order to print to my HP 5000. I had no problems with earlier versions of OSX, or my G4 with OSX. I used to just go to print and it would happen without the save and open in Preview routine.
Any ideas what is going on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Problem printing PDF's with Snow Leopard,: 10.5.8. Whenever any one sends me a pdf or if I find a pdf to print I have to save it to my desktop and then open it in Preview in order to print to my HP 5000. I had no problems with earlier versions of OSX, or my G4 with OSX. I used to just go to print and it would happen without the save and open in Preview routine.
Any ideas what is going on?

Firstly, 10.5.8 is Leopard, not Snow Leopard.

Now, where were you printing these PDFs from?
Apple Mail?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, 10.5
I guess Apple Mail? I have Earthlink email. Any PDF has to go to the desk top then Preview before I can print it. I just tried to get some pdf forms from an insurance company through Safari?Google. Can't print directly like I used to do with older OSX versions. So it doesn't seem to matter I am getting the pdf's, they all have to go through Preview. I have the latest Adobe Reader; that didn't make any difference. When I asked an Apple person at the store, they get all orgasmic over Preview, but have no answer to the problem!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Hover over the link (in Safari or Firefox), click on the image, and select print in the file menu.

Is this not want you mean?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.