Problem with iMac optical drive

Reaction score
My iMac keeps spitting out discs. It will take some and then it will spits others out. I've tried just about everything. Anyone have any solutions? I was able to install Printshop and it took that disc. I burned some audio cd's and dvd's and it won't read them, just spits them out.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
First; You posted in the wrong forum, please read the descriptions of the forums..
Second; Please use descriptive titles..
Third; Post the specs on your Mac. How old. What version of OS X and so on. How long has it been doing this?

Regards

OP
L
Reaction score
Mac OS X
3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3

My IMac is a little over a year old. It just started spitting discs out about 2 weeks ago....
Sorry, didn't mean to post in wrong forum. New to mac forums...

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved to correct forum.

@Laydeeworeblak

What does this have to do with community suggestions? Read our forum descriptions before posting. Also your title was edited for clarity.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
I had the same exact problem over the span of four months; I tried everything. Finally, I just took it into my local Authorized Apple repair store to replace in the optical drive and never has given me problems since.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.