microsoft office mac 2011 (word)

Reaction score
I use windows office at work, have office on my Mac at home, first time used it today. WHAT A NIGHTMARE.
I want to have curved wordart, can curve it buts it off centre.
I want to fill wordart with a picture, cant for the life of me figure it out.

Is this the worst port ever?? or am I a bit retarded?
Can someone please tell me how to get word art to work.

And by the way added a graphic but cant move it to were I want it (no format>picture>layout>tight to get it to were I want it.

Is there a good manual out there. What seems so intuitive on windows seems very screwed up on this release (by the way still using word XP is the new version of word with the ribbon on windows just as hard???)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Is there a good manual out there. What seems so intuitive on windows seems very screwed up on this release (by the way still using word XP is the new version of word with the ribbon on windows just as hard???)

You're behind three releases of Word for Windows (Word 2003, 2007, 2010) and you're complaining because you don't know how to use Word for Mac 2011? Start by turning off the ribbon if that's making things harder for you.

I use both Win Word 2010 and Mac Word 2011. The word art (and all ribbon functions) are similar except of course for those things you do differently in Windows. While I like the Windows version better, the Mac version basically works exactly the same way. Word Art, graphic import, borders, graphs, etc, are the same.

Just be patient and practice. Use the Word help and on line help. The Mac Office Word forum is also another great source of help for those difficult questions.

OP
N
Reaction score
yeah just annoyed with myself that I cant find how to format wordart font as a picture, what ever i do it just puts a picture as a background. I will ask on other forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
WordArt in itself is pretty horrendous. I'd just not use it. :)

OP
N
Reaction score
tried to register but

You're behind three releases of Word for Windows (Word 2003, 2007, 2010) and you're complaining because you don't know how to use Word for Mac 2011? Start by turning off the ribbon if that's making things harder for you.

I use both Win Word 2010 and Mac Word 2011. The word art (and all ribbon functions) are similar except of course for those things you do differently in Windows. While I like the Windows version better, the Mac version basically works exactly the same way. Word Art, graphic import, borders, graphs, etc, are the same.

Just be patient and practice. Use the Word help and on line help. The Mac Office Word forum is also another great source of help for those difficult questions.

They wont let me, every time says registration failed is there a magic password or something????

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You should have been able to register. As far as I know, registration is free to everyone. Once in awhile their forums are down for maintenance or an update. Keep trying.

Reaction score
i hear ya...and question

1. necessary partition? 2. adjust page sizes?

just downloaded office 2011 on my new mac pro...bootcamp opened and asked for a windows partition, and i did that before i realized that office had downloaded...did i need to partition?....

and btw, no publisher on the office program like the windows version (as far as i can tell, unless i'm missing something)...meaning, i can't adjust the page size to infinity....that comes in handy when designing signs larger than a legal size piece of paper! LOL (an official word in the new oxford dictionary, btw).....

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wish there was a MS Publisher for the Mac, but there isn't. Only Word, PP, Excel, Outlook, Entourage (Office bundle).

Reaction score
wow...$280....without publisher, it's totally not worth it for me (everyone has their own needs)....think i can return it? lol....did i need that windows partition?...i hated doing that...thanks in advance for any replies:)

BrianLachoreVPI

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
March 2011 15" MBP 2.3GHz i7 Quad Core 8GB Ram | Mid 2011 27" iMac 3.4 GHz i7 16 GB RAM 2 TB HDD
wow...$280....without publisher, it's totally not worth it for me (everyone has their own needs)....think i can return it? lol....did i need that windows partition?...i hated doing that...thanks in advance for any replies:)

I can't imagine why it prompted you for a Windows Partition?? I have Office 2011 - and no Windows partition nor did I ever see a prompt. You don't need it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.