iCALENDAR ending times!!!

Reaction score
iCalendar ending times!!!

Howdy,

I need to make a series of appointments throughout the day, but I can NOT have the ending times show up when I print the calendar out in LIST VIEW. Apple store people have been no help, and I'd have to pay $50 on the national helpline.

Is iCal able to make ONLY starting times, and disregard the ending times when you print?

Thanks.

OP
B
Reaction score
Howdy,

I need to make a series of appointments throughout the day, but I can NOT have the ending times show up when I print the calendar out in LIST VIEW. Apple store people have been no help, and I'd have to pay $50 on the national helpline.

Is iCal able to make ONLY starting times, and disregard the ending times when you print?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Howdy,

Thanks.

You might want to pick a more strategic place to post your question. You're not likely to get many interested views in the hardware/notebooks forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
Ok, I'm not sure how you're using the term or word "appointments". Within iCal, I don't think there's a classification by that name. The term used is "Events". Using those words just as words, and not as iCal terms, what I use iCal for is events, not appointments, and in the Edit window, the End "time" (right under Repeat) is set to Never. (End and Repeat being iCal terms.) Would that do what you want? (setting End to Never)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please don't crosspost or ask your question multiple times in different places.

The Community Guidelines state:

Post appropriately.
Search first, post things in the right place, use descriptive thread titles, and don't crosspost. Those things will help get you more timely responses and help keep our community nice and tidy.

Thanks for understanding!

I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok, I'm not sure how you're using the term or word "appointments". Within iCal, I don't think there's a classification by that name. The term used is "Events". Using those words just as words, and not as iCal terms, what I use iCal for is events, not appointments, and in the Edit window, the End "time" (right under Repeat) is set to Never. (End and Repeat being iCal terms.) Would that do what you want? (setting End to Never)

Howdy,

Sorry for my idiocy but I'm brand new to this site and ical. I have ical version 4.0.3 and i dont see a "never" option under repeat. I would like to get rid of the end times all together for all my Events.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
In the event window, new or edit mode, you should see this list
all-day
from
to
repeat
end

One of the selections for end is Never.

OP
B
Reaction score
All I have is the follwing in the edit column

all-day
from
to
repeat
(nothing written here just a space)
private

Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My version of iCal is 3.0.7
What's yours?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you can, post a screen shot of your iCal edit window. (I don't know the steps, so it won't do any good to ask me for that info, but maybe someone else would reply.)

Reaction score
Guys - you're talking about totally different things! The Repeat option enables you to set up an event that gets repeated e.g. daily, weekly. If this is set to anything other than 'None' then you get the End option, to say when the repititions will end e.g. after 10 times or a specified date.

From what I understand, brenmck80 wants to set up several events (on-off) which have a start and an end time, but when he/she prints in List format, just wants the start time to show. Sadly for you, this does not seem to be an option. If you really need to use the List format, I suggest your only course of action is to invest in some liquid paper!

Alternatively, you could use the Day or Week option, which shows just the start time (although the end time is implied by the length of the coloured line).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.