Multiple 27" LED Cinema Display Monitors

Reaction score
I am struggling with an issue, we have 2 27" LED Cinema Displays and a Macbook Pro 15 (not the latest model they just released but the last series, about a yr old..).

either monitor will work just fine when plugged in using mini display port, I tried the matrox double and triple display port editions (with adaptors), no go and when I spoke with tech support they informed me the 27" led cinema's native resolution is too high, other monitors will work but not the 27" cinemas.. I tried usb vga - dvi video using the mac drivers and proper adaptor cables, no go again..

Does anyone know of a solution that will allow me to use both external 27" LED Cinema Display's with this macbook pro 15?

Thank you in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
The 15" MBP can't drive both monitors simultaneously.

OP
C
Reaction score
thanks for the quick reply, do you know of a MBP that can? or should I just go with a mac pro? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
thanks for the quick reply, do you know of a MBP that can? or should I just go with a mac pro? Thanks

I don't think any MBP can drive two 27" Cinema Displays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP 2.5GHz Core2Duo | 1.83Ghz Dual G5 PowerMac | 2.0 GHz Dual G5 PowerMac
I know Startech sells this external USB video card so you can connect more monitors up to any computer, but the VRAM is so low, I highly doubt it would be able to take the 27s

OP
C
Reaction score
it doesn't, I've tried it and several others, they are all based on similar, if not the same technology.. Even with displaylink drivers isntalled it won't kick the screen on.. crappier monitors will work just fine with the usb, but not the 27" cinema.. And from what tech support said the smaller cinemas will work fine with the matrox dual and triple solutions, but again, not with the 27..

Solution is to go mac pro I feel, thanks for everyone's help.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.