question from DR Congo about old iBook

Reaction score
I am in eastern Congo (City of Goma) and need guidance on my computer (iBook model #M6497). I tried to upload new operating system. I get now a error message saying "you need to restart your computer". I restart but receive the same error again and again.

Is there any guidance as to what I should do? I have removed the battery and waited for 5 days before trying again and received the same error message.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
G'day and welcome to the forums.

What precisely do you mean by uploading the new operating system? Take it you are trying to install from a DVD? If so it must be a full retail install DVD and not a silver/grey disc that came with another computer as they are extremely model specific. That model quoted is a G3 and the latest OS you will be able to install will be either Panther OS X.3 or Tiger OS X.4. Leopard O X.5 and Snow Leopard OS X.6 will not install.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.