Power Button Connector Broken

Reaction score
In a moment of carelessness while disassembling my ibook G4, I broke the connector which links the power button to the circuit board (I pulled the female connector out of the circuit board along with the male connector).

Now, although power is making its way into the iBook (the battery, for example, is happily charging away), there's no way for me to power it up.

Without re-soldering the connector, is there a way for me to work around the missing power button? Any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
If you only want to boot it up one time to get data off, you might be able to bridge the connectors with a small screwdriver just to get it to power on. Basically, that's all the power button is doing anyway - closing the circuit between the two leads to power on the computer. This is not something I would do often, though. There's always the possibility of touching something you didn't mean to touch and shorting the board out permanently. You should be able to access the terminals with the airport card/ram door off.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.