Black Scratch

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
I have scratched my iBook on the front by the open button and it has turned black is that just the undercoat(if so i cannot get it off) or is it a mark??? I was thinking it would be pointless to have the underneath of it black as if you did scratch it u could see it. If i have gone through to the inside would tipx be ok to clear it up???
thanx
hex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
i dunno if it is black plastic underneath but have you tried scraping it gently with something like a needle?

Z

Zingy

I have not sliced my iBook to check, but I doubt very much that there is black underneath the white when it is so easy to use solid white plastic.

Can you feel the scratch?

S

sursuciofla

I have a black dot on mine. It looks like a pin prick and you can't even notice it. As I am a very anal person about my ibook staying pristine I was very devastated when I did notice it, hehe. Why they would undercoat black is beyond me.

iRule said:
I have scratched my iBook on the front by the open button and it has turned black is that just the undercoat(if so i cannot get it off) or is it a mark??? I was thinking it would be pointless to have the underneath of it black as if you did scratch it u could see it. If i have gone through to the inside would tipx be ok to clear it up???
thanx
hex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1Ghz PB 768Mb 10.4.5 30Gb Video iPod 40Gb 3G iPod 1Gb iPod Shuffle
they might undercoat with black plastic as its one of the strongest plastics with colour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
maybe actually its a split, that happened to mine and now its all black

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
The first thing I would recommend is something I learned from the thread at the top of this very forum:

Go out and buy a Mr Clean Magic Eraser.

This is a spongelike thing that's made of an extremely fine abrasive material. You wet it with clean water, squeeze it out, and gently rub it on the spot. If the spot is some sort of dirt or grime, it will start to come off.

I cleaned up some annoying spots on the wrist-area of my iBook, plus it did an awesome job cleaning up a refurbed 'book I bought a couple weeks ago. I was amazed.

You may want to give that a shot.

OP
iRule
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 - The Latest And Greatest
Thanx

Thanx I Will try that!

iRule

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.