New Logic Board?

Reaction score
Hi.

My MacBook Pro 2,2 C2D has a few problems:
It will not harge the battery, the keyboard and trackpad has stopped working. There is light in the keybord but the keys does not respond.

Do I need a new Logic Board?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Has your Macbook Pro suffered a drop or a spill of any sort?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
I thought as much, as it does sound like you have damaged the logic board.
If it were just the keyboard, then I would have suggested opening it up to see if there are any loose connections, which you still may want to do.
You could take it to Apple to have it looked at, but if it is the logic board, having Apple repair it would cost you more than the computer is worth, and even if you source a logic board and did it yourself, it would still amount to pretty much what your Mac is worth.

OP
T
Reaction score
I thought as much, as it does sound like you have damaged the logic board.
If it were just the keyboard, then I would have suggested opening it up to see if there are any loose connections, which you still may want to do.
You could take it to Apple to have it looked at, but if it is the logic board, having Apple repair it would cost you more than the computer is worth, and even if you source a logic board and did it yourself, it would still amount to pretty much what your Mac is worth.

Thank you very much for the quick response.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.