help with Drop Box

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
Would appreciate some help with using Drop Box. I have a large PDF file I want to allow a friend to download to her computer. Can someone with the knowledge please give me a run down of how to do this with Drop Box?

Thanks in advance

MacG.

C

chas_m

Not that I wouldn't be willing to type it all out, but someone's already invented that wheel -- namely, DropBox themselves! Have a look here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Install Drop Box on both computers, then open Dropbox Folder on your's, go to the public folder and drag the PDF into it. Once it's finished (you get a little tick on the finder icon) she can open it the same way, and drag the PDF to her computer. Obviously you both have to have access to the account linked to the Dropbox.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

OP
MacGandalf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5K Retina 27" 2017, macOS 11.3.1 Big Sur, iPhone 7Plus, iPad Pro, Apple tv4, iPodT6
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

schweb: Apols for posting in incorrect forum.

Not that I wouldn't be willing to type it all out, but someone's already invented that wheel -- namely, DropBox themselves! Have a look here.

chas_m: Thanks for the link. Pretty much explains it.

Install Drop Box on both computers, then open Dropbox Folder on your's, go to the public folder and drag the PDF into it. Once it's finished (you get a little tick on the finder icon) she can open it the same way, and drag the PDF to her computer. Obviously you both have to have access to the account linked to the Dropbox.

Kevriano: Cheers, but the method explained in the Drop Box link is what I was after.

Much Obliged folks. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
No worries, Chas just got in a minute before me.

OP
MacGandalf
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Heh Guys! Easy-peasy. Downloaded, installed and link to the pdf file I want to share with my friend sent. Tested first by sending to myself.

Much obliged people. :D:D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.