Dreamweaver ease

B

brianwithan eye

Ive been reading around online about Dreamweaver since the program im currently used to (Frontpage) is not available for macs. Through all my reading through countless website that use all the advanced web designer jargon and have really left me more or less confused with how teh program actually works. Everyone talks it up as a great design app but i dont know if it is what I need for my purposes, I create a site for my band, its nothing really flashy, just really serves its purpose to get our music out and news about our shows and things that go on, once I get photoshop on my mac i plan on putting a bit more time into making it look better but I dont really have time to sit around and learn code b/c I start college in well...3 days. Is the design interface of dreamweaver as simple as the drag and drop-see what you publish interface of frontpage or am I going to be left in the cold with a tough learning curve? Anyone who uses dreamweaver regularly that could explain its functionality for a beginner would be great. Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
It's pretty simple, you will have to learn a bit, but it's mostly all drag and drop if that's the mode that you like to work in. So you shouldn't have a problem. One of the great things about Dreamweaver is that it creates really good code, compared to Frontpage that creates horrendous bloated pages.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
Once you use Dreamweaver, FrontPage will literally make you sick. It did to me. Plus, it's on both platforms.

OP
T

The Professor

brianwithan eye said:
... Anyone who uses dreamweaver regularly that could explain its functionality for a beginner would be great. Thanks

I use Dreamweaver for a living. It can be used quite well in a drag and drop fashion, and if you need to dig into the code for a particular reason sometimes it is easy to do that too.

As you are working on a page you can view it in a preview mode, or view just the code, or view both code and preview at the same time, resizing their relative portions at will.

It is a good design tool, but it does have some problems too.

Macromedia is about to release a new version and they are taking pre-orders on their site.

It sounds like you'd be eligible for student pricing, which is a great deal.

Reaction score
validpretense said:
Once you use Dreamweaver, FrontPage will literally make you sick. It did to me. Plus, it's on both platforms.
Is this meant good or bad?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.33GHz 12" iBook; iMac G3 333Mhz; Use Dual 2Ghz PM G5's
iNAP said:
Is this meant good or bad?

I meant dreamweaver is good on mac+win, and frontpage makes me sick -- I don't know if its just frontpage, or if all ms products make me sick...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.