Wireless Signal Keeps Dropping

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz core duo 250gb 2gb ram
Hey guys for the past few days my macbook has been dropping my wireless connection at my house and wont connect back up. The only way it will connect back up is if I turn my computer off for at least 10 mins but once it reconnects it only stays for a short time. I keep thinking it had to do with my internet service but my ps3 still worked a long with other items that use my wireless signal. Now if I do wireless tether from my droid it will stay connect the whole time and not drop the signal once. I have had my macbook almost 6 years and I have not had a problem with it once until now. What do you guys think it could be? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reaction score
i recently had the same issue, i think.
i took it to the store and they ran a diagnostic test.
it was the wireless reader card. there is probably a more technical name for it.
it would cost $100 to have a new one installed.

the salesman suggested if looks doesnt matter, i could buy something at radioshack that plugs into one of the ports and becomes the reader. i went and it was $50-60.

i havent done either, yet.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.