2011 13in vs 15in

Reaction score
So I would love some recommendations. I am an incoming freshman and I need a laptop. I am thinking that I am going into some kind of engineering program or computer science. If I do go into CS then I would be running a lot of Windows applications. I would either need Bootcamp or Parallels(or something else similar). Which mac would best run these. I am either looking at the 15in 2.0 Ghz or the 13in 2.7 Ghz. I am really liking the idea of quad core yet I am not sure it is going to be worth the extra 300 dollars. And if I do choose the 15in, what upgrades would you suggest? I was thinking the antiglare display, 8GB RAM, and 500GB 7200rpm HD. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
hi, i have just bought the new 2011 13" macbook pro higher spec and is amazingly fast, it has better GHz than the 15" without upgrading, so i thought it was an absolute bargain for what you are getting, especially with the i7 processor!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
They would both be fine. It's more a question of how big do you want your laptop to be and how portable to do you need it to be? Those are personal questions that no one can answer but you. Same thing with the anti-glare display...totally a personal choice.

Best thing would be to go to an Apple Store and look at them in person and decide which size and display type you like better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.