Epub output from iWorks Pages: Images

Reaction score
I have created a document in iWorks Pages with about 30 images. I cannot export an epub file that contains more than 6 of the images (including the cover). Is anyone aware of an actual limit, or do I have a different issue with my document? I have reduced the image sizes with no effect. Thanks.

C

chas_m

There's no limit. I would carefully compare the file format of the various images to find the likely root of the problem.

OP
E
Reaction score
What's interesting, is that if I delete some of the first few images in the Pages file, then an equal number of later images appear in the exported ePub, but always only 6... All the images are jpegs generated as exports from an InDesign file, all the same size and resolution.

OP
E
Reaction score
I have since learned that there is a file size limit (11 Mb) per chapter. By breaking my book into chapters I solved my issue.

C

chas_m

eWriter:

Thank you SO MUCH for following up with an answer. It would not have occurred to me to look in that direction, and your tip will come in handy for future reference.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.