iPhone help

Reaction score
After much research, I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy an iPhone and sign up with Verizon (not AT&T). Any suggestions on the best place to get it? Best Buy, Amazon, Verizon Store, Verizon online? I will be signing up with a family plan and purchasing an inexpensive cell phone for calling and texting only for my wife. She doesn't want an iPhone. Thanks.

Reaction score
It is pretty much all the same. Personally, I would go with in store because it would enable you to leave with it (providing they have stock). Unless you are okay with waiting around for a couple days! but it is the weekend now, so you would have to wait until at least money for them to ship it!

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks Bentharbour

It is pretty much all the same. Personally, I would go with in store because it would enable you to leave with it (providing they have stock). Unless you are okay with waiting around for a couple days! but it is the weekend now, so you would have to wait until at least money for them to ship it!

I appreciate your suggestion. I will follow your lead.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
VZW sold a good portion (not sure) of their iPhones online and still had many left over for the second release in stores. I doubt any place is sold out, even if you check the online availability of the iPhone on the Best Buy website, I'm sure you'll see full availability all across your area. If you are not picky and want to buy locally, just go wherever you think you won't have to wait the longest among other customers.

I'm not that found of VZW stores personally, since they tried to talk me out of a purchase of an iPhone to sell me some cheap Android phone. This was a couple days after VZW announced the iPhone on their network.

OP
B
Reaction score
Thanks

VZW sold a good portion (not sure) of their iPhones online and still had many left over for the second release in stores. I doubt any place is sold out, even if you check the online availability of the iPhone on the Best Buy website, I'm sure you'll see full availability all across your area. If you are not picky and want to buy locally, just go wherever you think you won't have to wait the longest among other customers.

I'm not that found of VZW stores personally, since they tried to talk me out of a purchase of an iPhone to sell me some cheap Android phone. This was a couple days after VZW announced the iPhone on their network.

Thanks for the information. High pressure salesmen (especially phone salesmen) turn me off immediately. That's how I got involved in an AT&T contract and a Blackberry Bold. I'll never make that mistake again. Perhaps Verizon didn't think it through when they added the Android, then the iPhone shortly after. There was no question about which one to get as far as I was concerned. I'm an Apple fan forever.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.5GHz i5 MBP, 4GB RAM, 500GB HD, NVIDIA Geforce GT 330m/16GB iPhone 4 in a brick sized otterbox.
The Apple Store is definitely the way to go if you have one in your area. Phone salespeople are all skeezy. It's their job to be skeezy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 3.2Ghz, 1TB LaCie external Drive
Just got home with my iPhone 4 from VZW. Apple store and VZW were in the same area: went to VZW since we had multiple phones on one plan and wanted to make sure the plan didn't get fouled up.

Wasn't too concerned about the sales person as almost all of my support comes comes from the excellent resources on this forum.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
Just got home with my iPhone 4 from VZW. Apple store and VZW were in the same area: went to VZW since we had multiple phones on one plan and wanted to make sure the plan didn't get fouled up.

Wasn't too concerned about the sales person as almost all of my support comes comes from the excellent resources on this forum.

congratulations on your new iPhone 4. enjoy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.