Discussions Related to OS X 10.7 Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Please note the following will apply to discussions of OS X 10.7 Lion:

• Only discussions of either publicly released information from Apple or rumors will be allowed.
  • We will not allow discussions related to pre-release copies of Lion as it is covered by NDA for legitimate developer users.

If you have a legitimate copy of Lion, you should be using the provided resources that Apple has given you for support and troubleshooting and you should not be sharing information here that is covered by the NDA.

If you do so, you could risk being suspended or banned from Mac-Forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24", 3,06GHz, 4GB ram, 500GB, Gforce 8800, Macbook 13", 2,0GHz, 2GB ram, 160GB, Gforce 9400
As There is no information on other options to purchase Lion as the Appstore, I'm wondering will there still be the old DVD option of purchase from the shop? And if there is the family pack available (for up to 5 Macs)?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
No need for a family pack any more. The same install can be used on up to 5 Macs using the same iTunes account.

So its $29.99 in the US or £20.99 in the UK for up to 5 machines

No word yet on physical media. I doubt we'll see a retail pack.

<opinion and guesswork starts>
At best I suspect you'll be able to create some kind of boot disc with a pre-loader (like the installer currently uses to access disk tools etc). From here you'll get an option to download and install or restore from backup/partition.
<opinion and guesswork ends>

OP
schweb
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Guys, please keep discussions not on the topic of the original post in their own new threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.