Topic : Canon MG5220 Won't Print "client-error-not-possible".

Reaction score
I just purchased a new Canon PIXMA MG5220 multi-function printer. I can print test pages from the printer utility menu, however whenever I try to print any sort of document the printer stops printing. When I hit resume from the printer que menu I get the following error message: "client-error-not-possible". I tried re-setting the print system, deleted the original drivers, and downloaded the latest compatible drivers. I had a similar problem with my old Canon which occurred AFTER I upgraded to 10.5 (from 10.4). After much trying the problem with my old printer was "solved" by installing the Gutenprint driver. However, the MG5220 is not a printer support by Gutenprint.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
OP
D
Reaction score
Try this fix- link.

Tried it before, just tried it again, and it did not work.
I'm going to wait a couple more hours for some other responses and if nothing works I'll be returning/exchanging the printer for one supported by Gutenprint. Too bad as my girlfriend has this exact printer connected to her iMac and her MacBook (wirelessly) without ANY issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.