1 windows license on pc and macbookpro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear forum,

i have to following situation: i am about to buy a license of windows 7 (i now still got vista). I have a pc desktop on which i am running the vista. But i am also going to buy a macbook pro, on which i would like to run windows as well, through bootcamp.

So this would be the situation i am going for: buy windows 7 ultimate, and run that same license on my pc desktop and on my macbook pro.

My question is: is this possible, running 1 window license on 2 different machines at the same time? Is this even legal? For me it seems to be, because i am still the same user, using my windows 7 that i have bought, but using it on 2 different machines.

>> Has anyone got experience with running 1 windows lisence on more that 1 machine? Is this possible?

>> On a second note, does windows 7 already run good on mac via bootcamp? What with all the drivers and other possible parameters?

Thank you very much
Wouter

ps: i'd really appreciate it if we wouldn't start the pc-mac discussion. thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD
In my experience when you buy Windows and install it it will give you 30 days to activate. Once you activate it on one machine the activation will not work on the other. I personally never got to the 30 days on an install, so I don't know if it simply refuses to run or just bugs you with popup warnings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13", 8gb RAM, 750gb HD
BTW, I'm running windows 7 home premium via MVware Fusion on my MBP and it runs fine. And I like the fact I don't need to dual boot.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
No, you cannot install a single license on multiple machines.

You need a license for each machine.

I'm also closing the thread to avoid any discussions surrounding how to get around the licensing restriction agreed to when you install it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.