Stopping a download

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
I have tried several times to install the Solar System app on my iPad and it keeps failing. Despite the App Store saying it is 842MB, for which I have space, it keeps running out of space. It also takes hours to download. This suggests to me that the entry in the App Store is incorrect and this app is HUGE.

Is there any way I can tell my iPad to stop trying to download the app please?

It just keeps trying and failing, using up all the space on the iPad (which varies from about 1.5GB to under 1GB as it tries to download).

:(

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Turn wifi off on the iPad - download the app in iTunes and then sync the iPad.

edit: I've had a couple of failed downloads on the iPad, but never had one continue trying after it failed. The above is what I did, except for turning wifi off, since they were not still attempting to download.

edit2: If the app is that big, maybe it's downloaded as a zip file and if you only have 1GB free, you may not have room for it to download and unpack. Just grasping straws here.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.