.ra format... trouble opening

Reaction score
I was helping my friend out with her new PB today, and one of her problems was she is trying to download a file for one of her classes that format is .ra

When she attempted to open it, it says there was no application to open this in. My first thought was stuffit expander, simply b/c I had this same problem when I got mine and I was referred to stuffit by you all on the forums, and it worked fine for me. However, this is not working on hers... It continues to say that there is no app to open it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, she needs to open the file for a class this week. Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
TOYOTA said:
I was helping my friend out with her new PB today, and one of her problems was she is trying to download a file for one of her classes that format is .ra

When she attempted to open it, it says there was no application to open this in. My first thought was stuffit expander, simply b/c I had this same problem when I got mine and I was referred to stuffit by you all on the forums, and it worked fine for me. However, this is not working on hers... It continues to say that there is no app to open it in. Any help would be greatly appreciated, she needs to open the file for a class this week. Thanks again.

She needs to download and install RealPlayer for that file format.

OP
TOYOTA
Reaction score
D3v1L80Y said:
She needs to download and install RealPlayer for that file format.
Where can she do this / get this from? Thanks.

OP
TOYOTA
Reaction score
So just the free RealPlayer download right on the site will allow opening of these files? Or do I need to find a specific certain d/l? Thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
The free RealPlayer in the upper-right corner will work fine. There's no need for the Premium Deluxe SuperPass Supreme Elite Platinum Medallion (whatever) version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.