Carbon Copy Software

Reaction score
I downloaded a software from the internet called Carbon Copy and used it to copy a hardrive from and 867 Dual Processor Mirror door. My goal was to copy the hardrive of course which i was able to do. I piggy backed the 2nd harddrive(blank) off the 1st HD ( Master with OS 10.4.3) I took the 2nd HD out and out it into a working 867 DP Mirror door and it booted jsut fine only issue is it doesnt read or acknowledge the Cdrom/Dvd rw. I go to "More about this Mac and look under "buring devices and it dosent show any thing at all. It reads no buring devices and dosent show along with the section that shows hard drives ???? Why dosent it show, where did it go ??:\

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If Apple System Profiler does not show it, check first the IDE and power molex cables are securely connected and boy those power cables really take some effort, and second the drive may have failed.

OP
B
Reaction score
If Apple System Profiler does not show it, check first the IDE and power molex cables are securely connected and boy those power cables really take some effort, and second the drive may have failed.

Ok will give that a try asap, thanks ..

OP
B
Reaction score
Ok will give that a try asap, thanks ..

Tried checking all connectors all is well there. I even took the optical out and put it in another computer and it appears to be ok. Do i need to perform Mac's version of new hard detection ??!!?:Confused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Have you changed the slave setting back to master when the hdd went into the second MDD?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well what happened? Keep us posted!

OP
B
Reaction score
i went back and changed the setting to master like u suggeted and i also read were the optical drive in a MAc has to alwasys be set to cable select ( yes? No?) I restarted my Mac and next thing u now bada bing bada boom theres my optical drive(Cdrw / DVD rw) showing where it sohuld be as it should be. Cool !!!!!! u guys rock ! ! ! !! ! ! ! !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
And harry's MoTH badge shows it was well deserved . . . . . .

Glad he found a solution for you. I learn from him everyday. Be sure to return as there a ton more of that wealth sitting around here somewhere lol

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unless your are installing two optical drives, master will be fine. With two off the one cable, then you can opt for cable select.

OP
B
Reaction score
Unless your are installing two optical drives, master will be fine. With two off the one cable, then you can opt for cable select.

Ok just to make sure i got this. ( Sorry, these computers are kinda of new to me. ) If i have one optical drive set it to cable select and the Hard drive to master.

And if i have two optical drives set them both to cable select as well as setting the hard drive to cable select. ?????? Again sorry all this stuff is new to me.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.